Everyone knows about sesame seeds. They’re tiny pale yellow seeds that taste good on everything and in everything. Entire cultures rely on sesame seeds for tahini which is a major ingredient in many international dishes. But almost no one knows about black sesame seeds. Maybe that should change.
Did you know black sesame seeds have the ability to bind heavy metals in the body so they can be eliminated? Ground black sesame seeds (Sesamum indicum L.) were shown to effectively bind to cadmium, lead, and mercury under simulated physiological conditions.
Efforts to cleanse the body of heavy metals can sometimes result in other illnesses. Chelating agents used in heave metal detoxification can bind to many essential minerals in the body, such as calcium, zinc, and iron. This binding can result in deficiencies of those much needed minerals producing negative health effects. Black sesame seeds, unlike other chelating agents used for heavy metal detoxification, exhibit selectivity towards the heavy metals, leaving the much needed minerals alone.
Sesame seeds are full of calcium, magnesium, copper, vitamin B1, zinc and dietary fiber. The black sesame seed may be small but it has many health-promoting and anti-aging benefits.
Simply eat the seeds as a snack like other kinds of nuts or serve on salads and rice (adds a nice touch of color) to give a special aroma and crunchy taste.
- Eliminate UTI, Bladder And Kidney Infections (Good For Cystitis, too) - January 21, 2018
- How To Hydrate Your Body And Protect Your Kidneys - February 28, 2016
- How To Properly Evaluate Another Person’s Heart - February 27, 2016
- The Power Of Oregano Essential Oil - February 16, 2016
- The One And Only Commandment With A Promise - February 10, 2016
- Essential Oils: Safe Or Dangerous? - February 9, 2016
- Essential Oils Fraud - February 8, 2016
- The Heavy Metal Cleansing Benefits of Black Sesame Seeds - February 7, 2016
- The Merciful Way To Settle Disputes - February 6, 2016